We’re celebrating 40 years of music education with IMSCC!
We will be sharing performances from some of our talented faculty and students on Fridays for the remainder of 2020 since we can’t celebrate with you in person right now. Check back for more music.
Here’s to 40 more years!
October 23rd: Andy Papas, baritone: House at Pooh Corner by Kenny Loggins
October 16th: Andrew Arceci, viola da gamba, with Winchendon Music Festival artists: “Northfield” by Jeremiah Ingalls
October 9th: Jon Amon, saxophone: Flamenco sin límites by Jaime Fatas
Flamenco sin límites was written by saxophonist Jaime Fatas. This work reflects a style of flamenco singing championed by flamenco cantadores, who experimented with new modes of flamenco expression,including use of new instruments like flute, zither, and moog synthesizer, and by incorporating elements of rock and classical music. This composition melds cante flamenco style containing phrases of varying character, free interpretation, and melodic tension with contrasting passages somewhat reminiscent of Debussy (using whole tone collections) and with quarter tones and bisbigliando (timbre changes) idiomatic to the saxophone.
October 2nd: Andrew Sorg, trumpet: Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture
Andrew says, “This performance of Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture was recorded remotely by The Vermont Symphony Orchestra. I did the audio engineering for the project using Logic Pro X and also played one of the 2nd trumpet parts. This means, 58 players emailed me a recording of their part, alone at home, and I put them all together to create the music!”
- October 30th: Marisa Ih, clarinet (recent IMSCC alum!) with guest artist Naomi Yamaguchi, piano: Fantasiestücke, Op. 73: Zart und mit Ausdruck by Robert Schumann
- November 6th: Jon Amon, saxophone: Improvisation 3 by Ryo Noda
- November 13th: Andrew Arceci, baroque bass, with Winchendon Music Festival artists: Selections from “Cessate, omai cessate” by Antonio Vivaldi
- November 20th: Debbie Levine, clarinet: Rhapsody for Solo Clarinet by Willson Osborne
- December 4th: Andrew Sorg, trumpet: “Abblasen” Fanfare
- December 11th: Andrew Arceci, electric bass, with guest artist Robert Schultz, percussion: “Groove”
- December 18th: NOR Trio Sargis Karapetyan, violin; Andrei Sobchenko; saxophone, Nune Hakobyan, piano: Finale, from Suite for Trio by Alexander Arutiunian