Village University Winter 2021 registration is open!
- Biblical Prophets – An Introduction with Dale Landis
- Chinese Art as a Window with Shelley Drake Hawks
- The Golden Years of Rock: Rock’n’Roll to Art Rock with Keith Daniel
- AS Byatt’s Novel Possession with Diane Proctor
- Art Under Attack: Theft, Scams, Outrage and Violence with Steven Kendall
- Meet the Apostle Paul with Dale Landis
- Reading the Heart Sutra: Mahāyāna Buddhism’s Favorite Scripture with Tony Fairbank
- A Tour of the Universe in Four Days: or if it is Friday it must be the Milky Way with Mark Reid
- Art and Mathematics with Bill Adams
The Village University, established in 2003, was inspired by Elliot and Alma Ring, and offers courses for mature learners who are seeking stimulating study and conversation about interesting topics. The courses are taught by academics, scholars, and educational leaders who volunteer to share their knowledge and inspire others. The volunteer instructors bring the best university-level learning experiences to Concord and Carlisle. Our dedicated coordinators include Nancy Cronin, Gini Goulet, Ellie Gower, Nancy Hendrie, Bill Koenigsberg, Carol Murphree, Murray Nicolson, Meryl Schwartz, Alma Ring, Phil Stark, Rosalie Weiss, and Win Wilbur.
CCACE is thrilled to be able to offer Village University programs to our community members. We request a donation of $60 for the first course and $30 for each additional Village University course. Adult & Community Education is made possible through student fees, with student financial aid made possible in part through a grant from the Concord Carlisle Community Chest. The Village University is supported entirely by voluntary donations and your donations help us promote the programs.